Filter IPs — Exclude your Own Network From Tracking Statistics
In this guide, you can read and learn about filtering IP addresses to be .
An accurate representation of the data your customers provide while browsing your site is essential in order to make the right decisions. In some cases where your own company/employees/agencies that you collaborate with are constantly browsing your webshop, it could be a good idea to exclude them for the representation of the browsing data as they do not represent an actual customer. This means that only actual customers are included in the statistics for insight purposes. For this use case, it is easy to exclude this by filtering through IP adresses.
The following steps will show how to filter IPs:
- Start by logging into your Hello Retail account. On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Under the Configuration section, click on Settings to unfold the drop-down menu.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, click on Website settings.
This picture shows step 1 and 2.
3. Scroll all the way down to find the "Filter IP's" box.
4. Input the IP address that you want to filter out from the tracking and click on the "+" button to add it. You can add as many addresses as you want. Also, note that you can use wildcards to filter out a whole range of IP addresses by using an asterisk (*) in the field.
5. Lastly, click on the Save button to save the changes. Then Hello Retail will no longer track the inputted IP addresses.
This picture shows step 3, 4 and 5.