WooCommerce Installation Guide
Install the Hello Retail WooCommerce Plugin
In this guide, you can read and learn about how to install the plugin for WooCommerce.
To integrate Hello Retail with your WooCommerce webshop, simply follow these steps below.
Start by logging into your WooCommerce Admin account.
On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Navigate to Plugins and then click on Add new.
- Switch to Upload plugin:
- Download the Hello Retail plugin for WooCommerce here - current version 1.2.13. The file is also attached in this guide.
Choose the file from your disk/computer and Install the plugin:
- Now you simply have to Activate the "Hello Retail plugin" from the Plugin list:
- Now the Hello Retail plugin for WooCommerce has been installed.
To continue with the next steps you need your Hello Retail partner ID, you will find this in our dashboard. Please read our guide here to find your partner ID. Then you can simply navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Hello Retail - from here you can copy and paste your Hello Retail partner ID:
- In the previous screenshot you can also see that a URL to a product feed has been created. This will provide Hello Retail with an updated inventory of your shop.
Copy the URL and insert it into the Product feed URL field under Configure "your domain" in your Hello Retail dashboard or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can configure it.
- It is possible to set restrictions on access to the feeds by adding IP restrictions. This is done by adding Hello Retail's IP address into the field of IP restriction.
- If you also purchased dynamic search, you'll need to send us a URL for that too (see next section) so you can just send both in the same email.
Create a blank search page
For Hello Retail dynamic search to work on your webshop, you'll have to create a new blank page. This is so the search results can be displayed on.
Steps - Create a new blank search page in Wordpress (WooCommerce)
- Login to your WP Admin.
- Navigate to Pages > Add new page:
- Provide a relevant pagename for this new page, e.g. "Search results" and publish the page:
- Make sure this page does not show up in the navigation of your webshop. This depends on how you've implemented the actual navigation of new pages for your website. However, normally pages does not show up to be default.
- Lastly, submit the URL to your blank search page by sending an email to: email@example.com
Updating the Hello Retail Module - WooCommerce
In the cases where you are using Hello Retail with your WooCommerce platform and you have installed the Hello Retail plugin that automates a lot of the setup and daily processes, it is a good idea to perform an update.
This serves for the purpose if we encounter bugs or update the Hello Retail's services, the module will also be updated.
Updating the plugin is simply a process of uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.
Steps - Update the Hello Retail Module
- To uninstall the old version, login to your WooCommerce account.
On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Navigate to Plugins and then click on Installed Plugins. You will then be shown a list of the installed modules.
In the list of plugins, locate the Hello Retail business integration and click on the Deactivate button.
After deactivation, you can delete the plugin by pressing on the Delete button.
Now the plugin has been deleted so you can simply install the updated plugin as you would do a fresh install.
You can find a complete guide for doing that here.
If you have any questions about this guide, then please contact Support or your designated account manager about this.