WooCommerce Installation Guide
Install the Hello Retail WooCommerce Plugin
In this guide, you can read and learn about how to install the plugin for WooCommerce.
To integrate Hello Retail with your WooCommerce webshop, simply follow these steps below.
Start by logging into your WooCommerce Admin account.
On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Navigate to Plugins and then click on Add new.
- Switch to Upload plugin:
- Download the Hello Retail plugin for WooCommerce here - current version 1.2.28. The file is also attached in this guide.
Choose the file from your disk/computer and Install the plugin:
- Now you simply have to Activate the "Hello Retail plugin" from the Plugin list:
- It is possible to set restrictions on access to the feeds by adding IP restrictions. This is done by adding Hello Retail's IP address into the field of IP restriction.
(Note there is an input field for Hello Retail partner ID - this is not required and can be empty.)
- If you also purchased dynamic search, you'll need to send us a URL for that too (see next section) so you can just send both in the same email.
Create a blank search page
For Hello Retail dynamic search to work on your webshop, you'll have to create a new blank page. This is so the search results can be displayed on.
Steps - Create a new blank search page in Wordpress (WooCommerce)
- Login to your WP Admin.
- Navigate to Pages > Add new page:
- Provide a relevant pagename for this new page, e.g. "Search results" and publish the page:
- Make sure this page does not show up in the navigation of your webshop. This depends on how you've implemented the actual navigation of new pages for your website. However, normally pages does not show up to be default.
- Lastly, submit the URL to your blank search page by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating the Hello Retail Module - WooCommerce
In the cases where you are using Hello Retail with your WooCommerce platform and you have installed the Hello Retail plugin that automates a lot of the setup and daily processes, it is a good idea to perform an update.
This serves for the purpose if we encounter bugs or update the Hello Retail's services, the module will also be updated.
Updating the plugin is simply a process of uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.
Steps - Update the Hello Retail Module
- To uninstall the old version, login to your WooCommerce account.
On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Navigate to Plugins and then click on Installed Plugins. You will then be shown a list of the installed modules.
In the list of plugins, locate the Hello Retail business integration and click on the Deactivate button.
After deactivation, you can delete the plugin by pressing on the Delete button.
Now the plugin has been deleted so you can simply install the updated plugin as you would do a fresh install.
You can find a complete guide for doing that here.
After the installation setup of your platform and the onboarding flow, make sure to have your webshop configured. Read this guide here on how to do so:
= 1.2.28 2023.12.05 =
- Add option to enable backend conversion tracking if conversion tracking is not working for some payment methods.
- Fix minor issues that would cause PHP warnings
= 1.2.27 2023.11.23 =
- Make sure we dont output thousands separator.
= 1.2.26 2023.11.22 =
- Remove partnerId input field from admin.
- Update script and tracking implementation to new standard.
= 1.2.25 2023.11.13 =
- Improved price helper + include option to output prices for debug (internal).
= 1.2.24 2023.10.20 =
- Add new field to product feed containing product category ids including the category parent ids.
= 1.2.23 2023.09.25 =
- Add productTerms and customAttributes tags to the product feed
- Add product created and updated date in the product feed
- Add endpoint for content feed
- Add updated info endpoint
= 1.2.22 2023.05.17 =
- Fix issue where a product that had once been variable but is now simple would include attributes from the variations
= 1.2.21 2023.04.19 =
- Fix issue that caused issues with including tax on prices in all cases
= 1.2.20 2023.04.14 =
- Make the product feed handle products without prices gracefully
= 1.2.19 2023.03.28 =
- Redo how we get prices for products
- Remove a few plugin-specific helpers that are not needed since the price calculation is now better
= 1.2.18 2023.03.16 =
- Add our IP as default IP restriction
= 1.2.17 2022.10.12 =
- Add country to order feed
= 1.2.16 2022.09.27 =
- Only get variant attributes from variants in stock
- Add categoryIds to the product feed
- Add specific support for the Woocommerce Multi-Language plugin
= 1.2.13 2021.12.09 =
- Handle if fixed price is set using comma as a thousands separator for WPC component
= 1.2.12 2021.12.09 =
- Fix a few places where comparing string 0 would unintentionally return false
= 1.2.11 2021.12.07 =
- Don't use empty() function when a valid value can be 0
= 1.2.5 2021.08.11 =
- Fix composite product might be null and not "null"
- Use isset instead of !isnull
= 1.2.3 2020.11.18 =
- Fix minor issues that would cause PHP notice
- Prevent empty variant SKU from breaking product feed
= 1.2.1 2020.09.11 =
- Update attribute value in CDATA now that it isn't escaped anymore
= 1.1.19 2019.11.19 =
- Add visibility field to feed
= 1.1.16 2019.05.24 =
- Improved way of getting products
- Changed image size to the one used by the current WooCommerce theme
- Exclude categories for simple feed option
= 1.1.14 2019.04.10 =
- Add tags to simple feed format
- Add simpleFeed option
= 1.1.13 2019.04.01 =
- Version bump to 1.1.13
- Check product is published before attempting to include it in feed
- Use different function to get composite price
= 1.1.12 2019.03.29 =
- Restructure everything regarding getting product prices
= 1.1.7 2019.01.10 =
- Made sure we don't include refunds in the order feed
= 1.1.6 2018.12.07 =
- Added support for IP restriction
- Add better error-handling in feeds
= 1.1.5 2018.11.26 =
- Added proper pagination support for product and category feeds.
- Added SKU to product feed.
- Add support for the brand discount module
= 1.1.3 2018.03.23 =
- Stripped out illegal characters from product data when writing the feed.
= 1.1.2 2018.03.22 =
- Replaced usage of the deprecated method get_currentuser() with wp_get_current_user().
= 1.1 2017.12.22 =
- Made the plugin work with WooCommerce 3.2
- Moved source files into src/ directory for packaging
= 1.0.3 2017.12.21 =
- Fixed feed limit issue
- Added cart span
= 1.0.2 2017.12.15 =
- Fixed feed limit
= 1.0.1 2017.12.15 =
- Info endpoint added
= 1.0.0 2017.12.13 =
- Initial Release