Understanding Newsletter Content analytics
In this guide, you can read and learn about understanding the analytics of the newsletter content,
Each newsletter campaign that you send out will return analytics regarding its' performance. This data is valuable and assists you by providing an insight into what is working well and what might need some adjustments.
- Start by logging into your Hello Retail account. On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Under the Emails section, click on Newsletter Content to unfold the drop-down menu.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, click on Analytics.
This picture shows step 1 and 2.
The first thing you’ll see is an overview of all sent and active campaigns, grouped by their campaign type (if you are using different campaign types).
You can easily see campaign details such as:
- the name of the campaigns
- the configuration used (if it’s an Auto campaign)
- when the campaign was created
- as well as data for opens, click and number of orders
Personalised content and Default content
Opens and clicks are split up across Personalised content and Default content:
- Personalized content is where the Hello Retail solution has been able to identify the customer – to use the customers’ historical browsing and purchasing patterns to display personalized content recommendations.
- Default content is where the Hello Retail solution has not been able to identify the customers and therefore displays the default content.
Specific campaign details
When navigating to the specific details of a particular campaign, you’ll be able to see overall metrics for the campaign.
As on the page before, the numbers are split into personalized and default content. The Detailed Analytics menu is split into three sections:
1. Overall metrics: CTR for personalized content, CTR for default content, Conversion rate.
2. Orders: Contains purchases that were a result of your Newsletter Content campaign. If you click one of the orders on the list, you will see specific details about the selected purchase.
3. Products: Shows a paginated list of products, which were exposed in your Newsletter Content. The list comes with data about each product's performance: views, clicks, indirect and direct conversions.
If you have any questions about this guide, then please contact Support or your designated account manager about this.