Create a Manual Campaign
In this guide, you can read and learn about how to create a manual campaign for newsletter content containing personalized product recommendations.
You can read more about the different campaign types here.
It is important to note here that before being able to create and set up a campaign, you must have created a design for the newsletter content first. To learn about how to do so, click here. When you have your design ready, then feel free to proceed with this guide.
Create a Manual Campaign
- Start by logging into your Hello Retail account. On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Under the Email section, click on Newsletter Content to unfold the drop-down menu.
- Next, from the drop-down menu, click on Manual campaigns.
- Click on the Create new manual campaign button
This picture shows step 1, 2 and 3.
Name, design and products
- Provide a name
- Select your design
- Choose the number of product recommendations you would like to have displayed as a part of this specific manual campaign.
- Click on the Create button when you have completed the setup.
Under Fixed products, you are able to specify potential “fixed” products that you would like to be displayed to all users. This means that it is unaffected by their past browsing or purchasing history.
This could be in the case of a new product, a product you would like to highlight due to high stock quantity etc.
You can also choose to do the same for all unknown users or you can do the opposite by excluding specific products for all users
In the this step, you can choose the Recommendation strategy to use in your campaign.
Here you can choose among the following options:
- Related to users' interest and previous purchased products: Promote highly relevant products, based on the users' product interests and previously purchased products. Great to trigger up-selling interest.
- Promote users previously purchased products: Re-displaying the users previously purchased products. A great choice if you are selling highly repurchasing products.
- Promote products on sales: Prioritising to display relevant products on sale. A great choice if you currently have a lot of products on sale.
- Classic retargeting: Prioritising to display the users previously visited and related products.
- If you click Customize, then you can create your own recommendation strategy with various steps. The first step will have the highest priority.
If you are using Google Analytics, you can manually configure UTM parameters. You can read more about that here.
Under Code snippet, you can choose your newsletter platform. Then you will see a piece of code representing the product recommendations that you will include in your newsletter.
This code snippet has to be added to the newsletter in an HTML block which is generally easy depending on your newsletter provider. Click Save to save the campaign.
Finalising the setup of your manual campaign
Following all the above steps and your manual campaign is now active.
The next step is that you paste the code snippet into the newsletter in your newsletter platform. When you send out the newsletter, the code snippet will provide personalized product recommendations for each customer.
You are able to Clear products to reuse the same code snippet - when you clear products, the campaign will be "reset" and the next time a customer opens a newsletter with the embedded code, the products will reflect the latest data.
We recommend that you create a new campaign for a new newsletter. This way, you can also gain a correct insight into the statistics of each individual campaign.
If you have any questions about this guide, then please contact Support or your designated account manager about this.