PrestaShop Installation Guide
Install the Hello Retail PrestaShop Module
In this guide, you can read and learn about how to install the plugin for PrestaShop.
To integrate Hello Retail with your PrestaShop webshop, simply follow these steps below.
To ease the installation of Hello Retail business for PrestaShop owners, Hello Retail have developed a module for PrestaShop version 1.6 and 1.7.
Install the Hello Retail business module in PrestaShop
- Login to your PrestaShop admin account.
- On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. From the Dashboard, navigate to Modules:
- Inside of Modules, click on the Upload a module button:
- Simply drag and drop the .ZIP file into it or browse and select the Hello Retail module ZIP file. You can click here to download the current version 1.2.43. The file is also attached in this guide.
- Once the module has successfully been installed, click on the Configure button:
- Finally, enter your Hello Retail partner ID into the field and make sure the module is enabled and then press on Save button.
If needed, you can read this guide about it here on how to locate your partner ID in your Hello Retail account.
Adding a blank search page
The following section is only relevant for setups for a full search.
Steps - Create a new blank search page in PrestaShop
- If you are using PrestaShop 1.6.*: From the dashboard view, navigate to Preferences. From the pop-out menu, click on CMS.
- Inside of the CMS view, choose the Add new CMS page button.
- If you are using PrestaShop 1.7.*: From the dashboard view, under the Improve section, click on Design. From the pop-out menu, click on Pages.
- Inside of the Pages view, choose the Add new CMS page button:
- Next step is to create a new page. Please provide a relevant page name in the Meta title field. NB: the Friendly URL field will automatically be generated and leave the Page content empty.
- Click on the Save and preview button to save the new page and preview it.
- Lastly, submit the URL to your blank search page by sending an email to: email@example.com
Updating Hello Retail module - PrestaShop
In the cases where you are using Hello Retail with your PrestaShop platform and you have installed the Hello Retail module that automates a lot of the setup and daily processes, it is a good idea to perform an update.
This serves for the purpose if we encounter bugs or update the Hello Retail's services, the module will also be updated.
Updating the plugin is simply a process of uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.
Steps - Update the Hello Retail Module
- To uninstall the old version, login to your PrestaShop account.
On the dashboard view, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Navigate to Modules and then from the drop-down menu, click on Modules and Services. You will then be shown a list of the installed modules.
In the list of modules, you will see the Hello Retail module. However, please be aware that the name of the module is addwish business.
Click on the Configure button and then from the drop-down menu click on the Uninstall button.
Now the module has been deleted so you can simply install the new module plugin as you would do a fresh install.
You can find a complete guide for doing that here.
After the installation setup of your platform and the onboarding flow, make sure to have your webshop configured. Read this guide here on how to do so: