How to reactivate customers who haven't bought in a while
A good way to reactivate inactive customers is to send an email with relevant products if a customer hasn't purchased at your webshop for the last 90 days.
This can easily be done with Hello Retails platform through Triggered Emails - simply follow these easy steps:
- Start by creating a Triggered Email design for post-conversions. If you haven't done this before, just follow this guide. Go to the next step once you have created the design.
- Click on "Triggered Emails" in the menu and choose "Post-conversion".
- Click "Create new trigger"
- Ensure that the trigger is enabled
- Set "Send after" to the period you want to send the email after. Be careful about sending it too soon after the purchase. We usually recommend somewhere between 90 and 180 days.
- Choose a suiting title
- Ensure that "Send the post-conversion email even if the customer has placed another order in the meantime" is set to off. The email should only be sent after 90 days if the customer hasn't purchased anything in the meantime.
- Choose a design and click "Next".
If you sell products which customers buy on a reoccurring basis such as consumer goods like coffee, shampoo or pens, then use the following steps:
- Delete the default steps and in the algorithm.
- In the drop-down "Add another step" choose the algorithm "Recently bought" and click save.
Otherwise choose the following steps:
- Remove the step "Bought together".
- Click save.
Ensure that the email trigger is enabled.
You have now added a post-conversion triggered email which will be sent to customers who haven't purchased at your website in a while. You should see increased purchases by adding this triggered email.