Magento Installation Guide
Install the Hello Retail Business Magento Extension
In this guide, you can read and learn about how to install the extension for Magento.
Our Magento extension can easily be installed; the Magento connect extension makes it even easier to use Hello Retail on your Magento hosted webshop.
We suggest that you install the extension via the Magento Connect Manager. However, you can also transfer the files manually by FTP (File Transfer Protocol) if you prefer that.
Steps - Installing the Hello Retail extension via Magento Connect Manager:
- Download the Hello Retail extension directly from this link Hello Retail extension package for Magento (newest version is 1.0.37). Note that you will receive a zip file - this should be unzipped so you end up with a .tgz file.
The file is also attached in this guide.
- Once you have the file, then login into your Magento Connect Manager admin account.
- From the top header of the dashboard page, navigate to the System. From the drop-down menu, go down to Magento Connect and from the pop-out menu, click on Magento Connect Manager.
- Locate the heading Direct package file upload and click on the Choose file button.
Now locate the Hello Retail extension locally on your computer to choose it for upload. After the file has been chosen, then press on the Upload button.
- When the extension is ready, it should show up on the page.
Note: Make sure you REMOVE the checkmark for maintenance mode.
Now click the proceed button.
- A black screen will appear with green messages shown on it. Once you see the message “Cache cleaned successfully”, the installation has been completed.
Refresh the page and then click Return to admin on the top right-hand corner.
Connecting the extension with your Hello Retail account
In order to connect the Magento extension with your Hello Retail account, you will need to find your Hello Retail partner ID.
If needed, you can read this guide about it here on how to locate your partner ID in your Hello Retail account.
- Go back to your Magento admin page. After installing the extension, you should have a new button appear in the top menu bar called "Hello Retail". Click on this button to be shown the below picture view.
- Under the heading Script Setup, there is a field called "Hello Retail ID". Paste the copied Hello Retail partner ID into this field and click on the Save button.
- Under the heading Tracking Setup, you can choose how cart and conversion tracking is done.
Normally, it makes sense to enable "Use Ajax" because this option loads the cart and conversion tracking information after your pages have loaded. This plays well with most full page caching solutions. However, under some other circumstances, performance can be improved by disabling the ajax tracking.
- Under the heading Data Push Setup, you can input your Hello Retail Website ID.
If needed, you can read this guide about it here on how to locate your Hello Retail website ID in your Hello Retail account.
If you configure this section, then Hello Retail will be notified every time your product catalog changes and the changes will be synchronized to Hello Retail very quickly.
- Under the heading Feed Access Restriction in the Data Export section, the Hello Retail's IP address is already entered which means only Hello Retail will be able to access the data from your product and order feed.
If you wish access from somewhere else, you can add additional IPs in a comma separated (CSV) list. Remember to click on the Update settings button if you decide to do this.
Updating Hello Retail extension - Magento 1
In the cases where you are using Hello Retail with your Magento 1 platform and you have installed the Hello Retail module that automates a lot of the setup and daily processes, it is a good idea to perform an update.
This serves for the purpose if we encounter bugs or update the Hello Retail's services, the module will also be updated.
Updating the extension is simply a process of uninstalling the old version and installing the new one.
As mentioned from the beginning here, the process of updating the extension depends on how you installed it in the first place.
There are two ways either through:
- Magento Connect which is the general Magneto extension installation platform or
- via FTP where you manually place the relevant files in the Magento folders.
You need to perform the update through the same channel as you originally installed it.
Updating through Magento Connect
The process to update the Hello Retail extension through Magento Connect is simply to uninstall the extension and then reinstall the updated version.
Steps - Update the Hello Retail extension through Magento Connect
- To uninstall the old version, login to your Magento account.
On the dashboard view, navigate to the menu at the top of the page. Navigate to System and then from the drop-down menu, click on Magento Connect and from the pop-out menu, click on Magento Connect Manager.
Locate the Hello Retail extension on the list of presented extensions—be aware that the extension name will be "addwish". On the dropdown menu, click Uninstall and then click Commit Changes.
After uninstalling the extension, you can install the updated version through the standard installation process.
Updating through FTP
If you originally installed the Magento 1 extension through FTP, this is how you should update it.
Steps - Update the Hello Retail extension through FTP
- Connect to the Magento 1 FTP server through your preferred FTP client.
Here you will need to replace all the relevant extension files with their updated versions. You can see the folder structure in the downloaded extension main folder. From this, you should locate each corresponding existing folder and replace the files.
- After replacing the files, you need to clear the Magento caches.
To do that, from the dashboard view, navigate to the menu at the top of the page. Navigate to System and then from the drop-down menu, click on Cache Management and from the pop-out menu, click on Flush Magento Cache. Lastly, click on Flush Cache Storage.
After the installation setup of your platform and the onboarding flow, make sure to have your webshop configured. Read this guide here on how to do so: